I have had a less than satisfactory couple of days. Thursday was wretched. It could be due to the fact that Wednesday night put me in an irrevocable bad mood or just because 17 year olds are perpetual whiny bitches, and nearly everyone around me refuses to accept any authority I may have (or be feigning). Friday was better because I got to spend time with my fellow student teachers in class and over lunch. It's nice to relax with them and talk about frustrations, struggles and the occasional joy because they know what I'm going through; my other friends really don't. Friday night was good because I got to see Kelly and Bobby (2 of my very favorite people), and we went to Barnes and Noble and watched High School Musical 3. Tonight I watched movies and tomorrow I'll probably watch a movie.....
YAWN.................................................
Yes, it drones on and on: dinner and a movie--dinner and a movie. I wonder, will my life always be so embarrassingly redundant? Hopefully no.
There are moments of fun and friends that break the routine of waking up, going to school, going to work, going to bed that goes on and on, day after day, and I am thankful for those times, but the ONE THING that keeps me going through these days is my upcoming trip to England! Soon I will be back in my favorite place once again.

Just looking at this picture lift my heart. All I have to do is live through student teaching, graduate, and then I'll be on my way. Excitement prevails! I have something to dream of, to look forward to. In London, it isn't dinner and a movie. It is dinner and a play, tea and shopping, breakfast and a roadtrip to a literary landmark. So until July 10th, the day I depart for the mother land, I will dream of buying fancy desserts at Harrods and taking them to Westminster Abbey to hear the bells. Daydreams, don't fail me now.
No comments:
Post a Comment