Yesterday, I had one of the best days I've had in a while. Nothing huge happened, but I was happy. It was a good day at school. Teachers and students alike were ready for spring break, so we went to the computer lab or library and worked and sort of relaxed as well. I see some amazing potential in some of my students. About a week ago, one of my favorite kids calls me over to his computer and asks me to listen to this song on his iPod. It was actually a pretty rad song. After I expressed a taste for it, he and his bff have been having me read the songs they write and talking to me about the music they play. They have ambitions to start a Christian band together. I've been trying to encourage them to reach for their ambitions.
Anyway, yesterday Bobby came to hang out with me at work, which was good because it is SO boring there! Especially on Friday nights because like no one comes. We joked around and goofed off, and it was such a welcome release to the high tension situations I've had to deal with lately. We went to Steak and Shake and then to see A Haunting in Connecticut with Sam and Chris. It was SO scary, but afterwards, Bobby drove me to my car on campus, and I laughed harder than I have in such a long time. Smiling and laughing are my two favorite things. Plus I think I'm really good at both of them.
Today, I'm lounging around, reading leisurely. Next week, I get to work with my friends at the Cherry Hall Writing Center. Wednesday, haircut and photo shoot! Thursday HAZARD!!! I think there are some good days lurking in my future!
yay for good days!
ReplyDeleteyeah, i like your laughs; they're contagious.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're having fun :)
ReplyDelete