Today was Easter. This day always makes me happy. I have wonderful memories from my great grandma on Easter; this was her favorite holiday, and we'd celebrate it more extravagantly than Christmas. This is a true Christian holiday, she'd say. My granna taught me about Jesus. She read me the Bible everyday and taught me to read out of my first little kid Bible. Of course, I'm always reminded on this day of Jesus and his sacrifice, his unfailing love and uncomprehendable grace. I was joyous at being able to be in Hazard this Easter. I grew up in my church there, and it's nice to hear the gospel in the place you first heard it.
Today, my preacher did a children's sermon. He has a thing where he does "Sermon in a Sack," and he brings something in a bag. Today the bag was empty, and the preacher was like, "It's like the tomb when the women found it: empty. The women came to see Jesus in the tomb, and when they saw it, Jesus was gone." One of my neighbor's four sons, Hank, gasped really loudly, and his friend said even louder, "Yeah, Hank. Didn't you know that???????" I seriously laughed about that for like 5 minutes. I don't have anything to follow it up--any lesson I've learned or anything like that. I just love the crazy things that kids say.
That's all for now I suppose.
I love the "Sermon in a Sack" story! It's empty. I got chill bumps when I read it because it's so true! Jesus rose from the dead. Woot woot!
ReplyDeleteI love you Savannah Bear!
oh, and I also like that you called your grandma, "granna." Presh.