Monday, February 28, 2011

See people I won't ever meet

I've been thinking a lot lately about all the people that have come and gone from my life. Mostly the ones who have gone. Some have gone slowly, gradually, a gentle and easy growing apart. Others have gone quickly in a dramatic falling out. Usually, it's somewhere in between these two extremes.

I realize I'm always talking about being scared of change. When things are good, it's only natural for me to want them the stay the same, so I'll know they'll always be good. Right now things are great, just really great. Quite possibly the best they've ever been. So I worry sometimes, more often than I'd like to admit, that things as they are here in Chicago will change and not be great anymore.

The thing is, I'm also afraid that things will stay the same. If I thought that the rest of my life would be this, I would hate it. I would be miserable. I want to move around, never settle, but there are some things I feel like I need to hold on to.

It would be awesome if I could just have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment