Well, I've found it. As it turns out, I'm not that different after all.
Last night was Tuesday. Some of you may know that Tuesdays have turned into a kind of friend night in which Wes and I hang out after school/rehearsal. Last night we met up with John Mark and walked to the lake. We live quite close to the lake, and it was warmer than it has been. When we got there, the lights of the Chicago skyline stared back at us and beyond that to to the left, black water. Wes made the comment that it looked like we had just walked to the end of the world. What if the end of the world were 4 blocks from your apartment? Sometimes it feels that way doesn't it. Like your life is the world. But it's not. Not even close. Looking at the city, it becomes clear that there are so many people going about their business totally unaware of my existence. I'll never meet them, but they're a part of me because we walk the same streets. We see the same homeless guy; we both gave him a dollar. I bought a sandwich she made before she left work. I'm a part of them. We ride the same train.
It was so beautiful. I never get tired of it, the beauty of the city. We were far enough from downtown to see the entire skyline and even a few stars. I am truly blessed that God led me here. We sat facing it and talked for an hour or so. Then we walked home. I walked home barefoot.
Just happiness.
You've been tagged: http://openlit.blogspot.com/2011/05/reading-survey.html
ReplyDeletePost my reading survey with your own answers :)