Sunday, April 3, 2011

L'avenir

I do a lot of worrying about the future. Worrying may be too strong a word, but I think about it, muse about it often. The fact is, I'll probably never be the kind of person who is settled, who has a good idea of where they'll be in a couple of years, who they'll be with or what they'll be doing. This makes that kind of worrying inevitable. That's okay to me because I don't want to be that person, and the worrying is a price worth paying.

I find myself, when I have nights at home, thinking about the changes inevitable in my life and dreading them. However, this is what keeps life exciting. The never knowing, the never even thinking you know.

But the great thing about all this worry is that I know the reason I worry is because my life is pretty great now. Actually, pretty fantastic, almost without flaw. Even though I have some concerns about where my life is taking me, I know there are years of exciting adventures ahead of me. I'm enjoying these days and looking forward to those to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment