Okay, so my first post. Wow, how monumental.
This weekend was really great. I've been lucky to be blessed with exceptionally amazing weekends to balance out the mundane routines of the weeks. I am grateful for my student teaching placement; I know it could have been a lot worse, and God has gifted me with peace. I literally feel as though he's flooding me with peace, so I won't freak out. Because everyone knows I'm a freaker outer, and I haven't once freaked out this semester. For those of you who don't believe in miracles.....
Still, I can't wait for student teaching to be over. I do NOT want to be a teacher, and it is really disheartening when the obsession with clothes overshadows the need for intellectual challenge. I have yet to be challenged intellectually at FSHS, and I doubt I will be. But my clothes have been criticized by both teachers and students. Go figure....I probably read more fashion magazines in a couple of months than they ever will. The fact that I refuse to dress androgynously or like a 45 year old, or that I hate wannabe designer labels like American Eagle, Abercrombie, and Hollister. Oh well. At least I'm smart and capable of using my brain, an activity most of the teachers I've encountered have fallen out of touch with.
SO back to this weekend. I satisfied the capitalist within when I received Valentines Day money from my mom AND grandma, and I babysat all day Saturday, earning a solid 50$. I did a lot of shopping this weekend to satisfy the "I have no Valentine and no prospect of matrimonial partner" blues. Bobby and I saw Shopaholic, which gave me a new style to imitate. But the highlight of the week was watching Oliver Twist on Masterpiece with Brittany. I brewed up some Earl Grey (in my new, wonderful teapot), donned my black lace gloves and enjoyed the classic Dickens story I've always loved. I was also introduced to a new book: The Spoon River Anthology. I love it, and I'm going to buy a copy ASAP.
Praise God for weekends: one of His many gifts.
Also praise God for friends, who make me feel good about myself when I'm feeling lousy.
Today is President's Day, which I don't really care about except for the fact that I didn't have school, so I got to spend the day in Cherry Hall from who's computer lab I am typing this. That is always refreshing to me: seeing random long-lost classmates and catching up with friends I rarely see these days.
Oh, Cherry Hall: my home.
Hey there, "freaker outer."
ReplyDeleteI similarly love the "freaker outer" comment. ha.
ReplyDeleteUmmm...sooo...confession. when Brittany said you two were watching Oliver Twist I immediately told her that I hadn't seen that movie in a long time but I remeber the pink poodle. She stared at me really weird and then I realized that I had been thinking of Oliver and Company. I've never watched or read Oliver Twist. Anyway...
Also. Brittany introduced me to the Spoon River Anthology and I think it's pretty cool. I want a copy too.
love you.
HA! Oliver and Company is a modern retelling of Oliver Twist, so you weren't too far off. You should read it; it's probably the best book ever written (and I'm being for real, not overly enthusiastic for dramatic effect).
ReplyDeleteLove you both!
The only thing I remember is the "who's." "WHO'S"?! :)
ReplyDelete