Saturday, March 28, 2009

To Find My Place in the World

Melancholy sets in, possesses me, grabs ahold of my soul and refuses to release, and with its hands in an immortal grip around my heart, I feel alone. I'm giving in and shrinking into myself. I have no one else. What do people say about me when I leave a room? I think I can guess. Christians whispering from behind Bibles; pews filled with the stale taste of masked gossip and concealed hate. I am finished.

I cannot move back to Hazard, but I am also convinced that in that small and miserable town live the only people I will ever be able to trust to love me unconditionally. Destiny calls me to be alone.

I can see you don't want me, so I won't come back.

2 comments:

  1. i'm sorry that you are feeling like this. i love you and always want you

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you forgive me for not making it clearer that you are special to me as an amazing imaginative friend and sister in Christ? i have tried to text you, dear. i want you to know that there are some that do care.

    ReplyDelete