Saturday, March 14, 2009

You Can Bet That He's Doin' it For Some Doll

Okay, we all know how mean I am, right? I mean I am a cold-hearted old bitch, from whom no one is safe. That being said, I was so mean to my fellow student teacher Thursday. This was a unique week. It was WKU spring break, so I didn't have to work at the Writing Center, and at FSHS, we only had school 3 days because of basketball tournaments and a prescheduled 3-day-weekend, so even though it was an easy week, everyone was all out of whack.

SO the point is: I was mean, and the meanest part of it is I don't feel badly about it. I still maintain the position that he deserves it because he always treats me like some sort of infant that cannot walk down the hall independently.

I was clearly mad at him. You all probably know that when I'm mad at someone, I do not keep that a secret. Surely he could tell. Anyway, he comes into my room, asking me if I got my DVD recorded for our mandatory taped lessons. I was like "yeah, it's right there," and pointed to it, sitting next to the little tape on which is was originally recorded. He proceeds to go on for like 8 minutes about how I shouldn't have kept that little tape. "Why did you keep that? blah blah blah You shouldn't have kept that." Finally I gave in, and I was like, "Okay, what else should I have done with it?" He told me I should have given it back to the school, so they could record over it. It would save them money he said.

WTF??? Who even freaking cares?

I resent him for talking to me that way. And it's not like this is the only time. He always does things like this everyday. He tells me I should do something or do something differently or I shouldn't have done that. This irritates me more than anyone could possibly imagine. I just want to be like "Okay look, I've lived this long pretty successfully without any male guidance; I think I can continue just fine."

I don't know if I just resent men in general telling me what to do, or if it's just him, but MY WORD it just IRKS the crapola out of me!

Anyway, he comes into my room again and tells me that when I'm in England this summer, I should go to Charles Darwin's house and take a picture of it for him. There are many things wrong with this. I'll list them below.
1) I refuse to patronize the estate of Charles Darwin.
2) I never plan on seeing this guy after this semester, so he could never even get the picture.
3) I have many more important things to see while I'm in England.
4) The most important reason: Why would I do anything nice for him?!?!?!

Reason #1 is the reason I gave him. I guess I sounded smug, pretentious, and holier than thou. I went on to say that Charles Darwin is the exact opposite of what I want to be because he used his skills, talents, and passions to thwart the Kingdom, while I want to use mine to advance it, and I couldn't find it in me to respect him. While I may have been being a tad dramatic, and Darwin was a big contributor to Victorian culture, I just couldn't acquiesce. I do not want to do something nice for him. Isn't this so mean? But I can't help it.

I doubt I'll get nicer, so let's just hope that he takes a hint and for the next five weeks, stops talking to me.

On a lighter note: ONLY FIVE WEEKS LEFT!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. woot woot for the Guys and Dolls shout-out. Wednesday was much fun.

    It sounds like he knows how to push all the right buttons to get under your skin. I'd just kill the situation with love and kindness....and sunshine. ha. I was kidding about the sunshine part. :)

    ReplyDelete