Right now, I'm lying in my hotel room, small but nice, waiting for my alarm to go off because I'm so not ready to wake up. It's been a rather simple visit to Chicago but great in so many ways.
Yesterday I met my roommates, and they both seemed really cool. We ate at a little crepe place for lunch and walked a bit on the street, looked at puppies, etc (just looked). I think it's going to be awesome living with them! Then I went to see my new apartment to make sure I liked it before I signed the lease. I LOVED it!!! The building is so pretty, and it seems really safe. I can't wait to live there with Katherine and Colleen. The apartment is really close to the lake and some awesome streets for shopping and restaurants. I'm ready to start the next part in my life. Living in Chicago is going to be a huge adjustment, but I think it will pay off in the end.
That's the easy part. The hard part is saying goodbye to Bowling Green, my home for the past 6 years and to those who made it "home." I have one month or goodbyes. I have a feeling this month will see considerably more crying than usual. But not knowing when or if I'll see all of the people who have made my life so special again is something I have to trade for making my life more special than it is now.
glad you enjoyed it, but i'm going to miss you!
ReplyDelete