Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to School

Today was my first day back to school. I've had an amazing break, and I was seriously dreading going back. However, after buying my books yesterday and going to class today, it feels right. This is what I moved here for. This is what I do, what I'm meant to do. Being lazy and hanging out with my friends almost to the point of excess was a lot of fun, and I look forward to doing exactly the same during my next break, but I'm glad to be back to studying, reading, and writing. I'm sure I'll find time to have fun somewhere in there, too.

I knew a few people in my class, and had friendly conversation with some others, and they all seem pretty cool. I have some truly great out-of-class friends, but it would be really nice to have a lot of in-class friends, too.

This quarter I'm taking 19th Century Irish Literature (which I had today) and Bibliography/Literary Research. I wasn't looking forward to Bibliography class until I bought the books. Mrs. Dalloway and The Wasteland are on the reading list, so I think this professor and I will get along just fine. I'll have that class on Thursday.

After a successful ending to last quarter and writing a good bit on the novel I'm working on over break, I'm feeling pretty confident. We'll just have to wait to see how this quarter turns out.

1 comment: