Saturday, November 27, 2010

Update

Nothing clever or inspirational for this post. Just an update on life.

School's over. I don't have my grades yet, and I'm sick because I know I'm somewhere in the middle of an A and a B in both classes. Since I haven't had the stress of papers on my shoulders, I've been having a lot more fun with friends and stuff. It's been really great because for a week or two there, I really didn't see anyone because of my terrific work ethic.

Thanksgiving was actually good. I was concerned because I wasn't going to be home with my family. Truthfully, my family doesn't do that much for Thanksgiving anyhow since all of our family in centrally located in the first place. Also I didn't even go there for Thanksgiving last year. Still, it's a psychological thing.

Molly and I went to see Wes perform in the Thanksgiving Day Parade. We had to wake up early, and it was really cold, but it was good. Then we went to McDonalds for lunch. When Wes came over, we cooked Thanksgiving dinner and watched Love Actually. When that was over, we went to a bar for karaoke.

Yesterday I went to see Wes's show, Kiss Me Kate, in Oak Park. Then I drove us and our friend Jonathan to Second City to see Molly's improv show. We ate Wendy's and sung Glee, while Wes criticized my driving skills.

Today Wes, Molly, and I went to see Kaitlen's show, a children's Christmas musical calls Frosty's Shakes and Dogs. It was hilarious. Then we hung out at a pub after. Wes came over to use the Internet, and we watched a bit of Harry Potter and he took my Hunger Games book.

Basically the theme of all this is: I'm sooooooo happy to be done with school and that I can hang out and not have to always be thinking "UGH I should be writing or reading something." I worked so hard on my final papers. I had no idea I was even capable of work like that. I'm hoping for As. Regardless of the outcome, I know for certain that I did my absolute best.

1 comment: