Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Life

Let's be honest; I have a pretty great life. I rest easy in the assurance of salvation, I have a family who loves and would do anything for me, I have cool friends, both old and new, I live in one of the best cities in the world, I've had amazing opportunities for travel... I could go on, but that's not what this post is about.

There is something really hard about being me. That is this: I feel emotions very intensely. It took me a while to understand that most people aren't like that. Most people are just alright every day. I, on the other hand, am either ecstatic, pissed, depressed, or some other extreme emotion. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I feel like I'm going to explode. My heart beats fast, and I sweat a little; my eyes narrow; my breath comes short and shallow. I can't believe I never turned into a violent person. I never want to hit anyone, just tell them off in an incredibly witty war of words.

I know that all these little things that frustrate me are no big deal, but I just can't help having this reaction. It's takes so little to aggravate me; it takes so little to make me laugh...or cry. This is probably why all writers are either totally insane or alcoholics.

2 comments:

  1. I love how passionate you are and how real you are about it--God made you this way for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope He gave it to me for a good thing, not to always be testing me with temptations lol.

    ReplyDelete