Okay all you Freudians out there. I've been dreaming, and you know what that means.
(Stop asking me if I should be doing my homework since that's all I've been talking about. I need a break, okay?!)
Some of you know because you've had to listen to them in excruciating detail that I tend to have very vivid dreams. Sometimes I wake up really tired because I feel like I've lived an extra day instead of resting while asleep. I'm also a big believer in God giving us messages while we're asleep, and I can say I know for sure He's done that for me at least twice. (Note: I'm not trying to say these particular dreams are from God. Just noting my preoccupation with dreams.) Moving on.
Well, for the past two and a half weeks, I've been having these dreams. There's no action really, just a guy. The same guy. Every night. In the dreams he's my boyfriend, and we just hang out. Once we had a silly fight about buying our friend a gift before a party, and once we were just sitting there on a couch. Nothing interesting. It's just like I'm living a life outside of my awake life. Our relationship progresses each night, and since I started dreaming about him, I haven't missed a night of it. This guy is no one I know, but sometimes I feel like I'm in love with him even though he's just in my dreams.
When I'm on the train, I fantasize about him getting on, too. Our eyes meet. Maybe he's been dreaming of me, too?? Finally meeting him in real life would be a relief.
It's gotten to where when I'm lying down to sleep, I hope that I'll dream of him. If I missed a night, I don't know what I'd do in the morning!
This isn't healthy.
I'm like you and have some very vivid crazy dreams, but then when I have the dreams like you're talking about--so realistic but not real life--they kinda shake me up. so is this a real person that you know of in real life or just a completely unknown person?
ReplyDeleteCOMPLETELY UNKNOWN!!!!!!!!! Sooooo weird!
ReplyDeleteLucky. All I dream about is having fights with people I know. Then I wake up mad at them for no reason.
ReplyDeleteBut I know what it's like to have those dreams. That's all I did as an undergrad. But a good dose of sleeping pills did the trick.