Sunday, July 10, 2011

Boxes


It's been a great couple of weeks. Being in Carbondale wasn't that great, but seeing Wes was awesome, and driving back up together gave us some much needed catching up time. It's just that being around so many theatre people all fighting each other for attention, it's annoying. But he was ready to leave and I was so ready to have him back. He's been sleeping on my couch this whole time, and it's been fun.

I also have two new temporary roommates. It's really interesting to see how having roommates I like changes my outlook on life. They are both so cool. One's a dancer and the other is a doctor, so they're both really interesting, too.

All of my friends got together for the Fourth, and we had such a great time. I have such great friends here. It really is amazing.

So I find myself again packing up my life to move to my new studio apartment. I'm just glad I'm only going a couple of blocks this time. It does have me thinking about how much my life has changed since the last time I did this. When I left Bowling Green, I was scared. But looking back, there was nothing to be scared of. I've pretty much conquered Chicago, and I have all of these great people in my life.
These people love me, not only at my best but at my worst. If I had known these people were waiting for me when I left Bowling Green, my last night there would have probably produced a lot less tears. I'm proud of myself for being brave, for going against the wishes of my family and the trends of my hometown. I'm living the life I've chosen, and I love it.

1 comment: