Sunday, September 12, 2010

Eclipse...Again

Today was a beautiful day in Chicago.

I tried out a church. It was just okay. Everyone there was really nice, but it was so small that it was painfully obvious that I was new. Still I'd probably go back if the travelling there weren't such a pain. There are a few churches within walking distance that I'm going to try before making any decisions.

Later I needed to take my car for a drive to make sure the battery is still good and give it a chance to charge up. I don't know what that means, but that's what people say. I also needed to get some stuff from my car (I still forgot my umbrella though), so I went for a drive to Oak Park. While there, I went to see Hemingway's birthplace, which is a towering Victorian home his British grandfather built when he moved here. It was really beautiful. Here it is.

After that, my roommates and I went to see Eclipse like I mentioned before. It was awesome, of course, as always. And it was fun hanging out with them.

Tomorrow, my classes start. I'm sooooooooooooo nervous! I hope there are some cool people in my class. I also hope that I don't feel completely stupid compared to everyone else in there. I'm hoping to make a good first impression on my classmates as well as my professor.

I'll let you know how it goes.

S

3 comments:

  1. glad things are going well so far! i hate trying out new churches...it always seems awkward. will be praying that you find a good one. loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you to meet some solid, joyful, and sweet community in those churches! also, for your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Sarah, it sucks. Thanks, B, I definitely need those prayers. I need that SOON. I'm trying out a Methodist church this Sunday. Do you think God's okay with that? Lol

    ReplyDelete