Yes, I finally took and uploaded some pictures of my apartment. BUT you'll have to wait because first I'm going to tell you about my weekend.
It was great.
Friday night I went to see Daredevil's Hamlet at the Neo-Futurists theatre. It was different for sure but really funny. I went with Kaitlen, my friend from WKU, who also lives here now, and as it turns out, she has some friends here that also went to WKU and I know either directly or indirectly. It was really good hanging out with them just because they're from Kentucky, and it's also good to know people here. I don't know how often I'll see them, but just knowing they're here is comforting, though I can't exactly put it into to words as to why.
Saturday I was supposed to go to Wicker Park with my roommates, but we got rained out, so we stayed in, ordered Chinese delivery, and watched Remember Me. It was a different kind of fun than we were planning, but it worked out. Saturday night, Patti's sister, Lynne, was in town, and we got together for dinner at the Basil Leaf Cafe, a nice Italian restaurant. Her friend Teresa was also there. We had a fun time. And Patti bought our dinner even though she wasn't even there!!! lol I miss Patti A LOT.
Sunday I tried out a new church, Holy Covenant United Methodist Church. Wes, who I met at the show and is also from Bowling Green (we have several mutual friends but actually never met until Friday), went too. I think we're going to try out churches together for a few weeks to alleviate the stress of going alone. It was a lot better knowing that he was going to be there, too, and I wasn't the only new person. It's also nice just talking with Kentucky people and not being self conscious about my accent :/ Honestly, I don't think about it THAT much, but I do think about it...
As for the church, it was good, but not the one I want to go to always. It's a church I can walk to, which is very nice. It's small; the music was pretty and simple. I liked it. The minister is a woman, which I also like. They are progressive in their beliefs, and it's nice to be in an environment that encourages love rather than hate or nonacceptance.
After church, I went to Intelligentsia, which is my new favorite place to read/study. I looooooove it there. I also love one of the coffee boys :) He saw my HUGE Norton Anthology of Theory and Criticism while I was ordering my hot chocolate and told me he had just started reading Atlas Shrugged. I told him that was an ambitious task. He asked for my name, and I said Savannah. I'm not sure whether or not he asked it for the coffee order, but the other times I've been there, they didn't ask my name for the order.....just sayin'. lol
Sunday I happened upon Lynne and Teresa sitting on a bench outside their hotel, and they invited me for pizza and sangria with them. That was fun, and I'm glad I got to hang out with them again before they had to go back home to Ohio.
SO really good weekend.
Today was good, too. I had a group interview for a job at a tutoring company called Brain Hurricane. It's an SES company. I think the interview went really well. It was really hands on and interactive. The other girls in the interview with me were really nice, and I had fun with them. I hope we all get hired, so we can be friends. The interviewer said they won't be making decisions until October, so I'll have to wait to really know how it went. I'm hoping for a job to come around pretty soon...............any job. I mean, any job where I don't have to work too much, and school can be my first priority...
I had my 18th Century Novel class today. I have a new friend, Libby. She's in both of my classes, and today when class started, she sat by me, which is how I know we're friends lol. I like her, and I'm happy to have a class friend. I like that class, too. I don't feel too stupid to mention things. And I think my professor likes me. At least he has known my name from the beginning and still has trouble remembering some of the other's names. I think I made some good points today in class. At the VERY least, my voice was heard, and my class participation grade is not in jeopardy and my professor will like me. These are the important things in life.
Without further ado, my pictures.
My desk area
View from the bedroom door
TV/Book area
My Bathroom
Bathroom Wall
Kitchen
Living Room (which we're still working on)
That's all for now. Still loving Chicago. Hoping to have some visitors soon!
S
You room look so cozy! And I love the bathroom wall paper~
ReplyDelete