Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Job

I'm writing this from the computer lab at school since I got here way early on accident. You just never know how long it's going to take to get here.

You did read that title right. I GOT A JOB!!!!!! I feel soooo relieved. It's a nanny job for a 2 month old 4 days a week. I'm pretty excited! The parents seem really nice, and they have LOTS of books. The baby's name is Adele (but I'm not sure how to spell it), so I'm going to be just like Jane Eyre. In honor of my job (also in honor of my buttermilk almost expiring) I tried to make Chess Pie today (from the Southern cookbook that Aunt Jean gave me), but I had to take it out of the oven before it was finished because I thought I would be late for school. I guess when I get back I'll try puting it back in to bake some more, but it's probably ruined. BOO. On a lighter note, I made cornbread this week (which is why I even have buttermilk), and it was soooooooooooo good. I'm quite proud of my cornbreak skills, and I think my granny would be proud of them, too ;)

Anyway, things have been going really well. I'm making more friends at school, which is really what I want. I hung out with Bowling Green friends on Saturday. That was really cool. I hope to spend more time with them. On Sunday I went to a great church called The Moody Church, founded by D.L. Moody. I'm going to go back there this coming Sunday. It seems like it could be a good fit for me. It's big, the music is a mix between hymns and contemporary, and there's a group dedicated to people in their 20's and 30's, so I would have a good place to plug in and meet people. It's also really easy to get to. And the sermon was really good. I've been looking over their doctrine, and it doesn't seem too far from what I think.

There's not too much more to say. Things have been moving along as normal. I love Chicago, and I haven't had one second of doubt about my choice to come here.

I'm excited because my work friends from Bowling Green, Kandace and Rachel are coming to visit for Fall Break! It will be soooo great to see them again. And also for Fall Break, Professor Rutledge from WKU is bringing a group up here for his Hemingway and Faulkner class. He invited me to tag along with them, and I'm pretty excited about that, too, since he's like one of the most awesome professors ever!

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. woohoo!!! yay for a job! so excited for you :) and also for your cooking skills! you make me proud :)

    love you dear!

    ReplyDelete